The Cricket Programme, for pupils aged 10-18, offers high quality cricket coaching from professional cricketer, Andrew Northcote and his team. Our bespoke programme allows children to develop their skills year-round and take advantage of the excellent facilities. Culford School have recently been included in The Cricketer Magazine's Top 100 Cricket Schools in the UK.
What does Culford's Cricket Programme offer young cricketers?
The Cricket Programme offers young players a range of essential components that will allow them to develop their talent and significantly improve their sporting abilities. The programme includes:
- Regular personalised coaching sessions with professional, Andrew Northcote and Assistant Coach, Jack Beaumont
- Technical cricketing skills development
- Specialised cricketing strength and conditioning training
- Video analysis and Zepp Power Sensor App
- Merlyn by Bola Spin Bowling Machine
What cricket programmes are available for pupils?
Level 1 – Foundation Programme (Core Principles Programme)
Ages 9-13 - One session per week
This programme will deliver the core principles of cricket and develop the patterns of movements associated with batting, fielding, bowling and wicket keeping. The key focus will be to create a sound technique for each individual cricketer. These sessions will be two to one or small group sessions.
Level 2 – Development Programme
Ages 11-18 (up to two sessions per week)
Is available to cricketers who currently compete regularly in school &/or club matches and who are ambitious to play representative cricket. The programme will include:
- Technical development (one to one and small group sessions)
- Physical development (Speed, Agility and Quickness) and introductions to Strength and Conditioning specific to cricket
- Cricket Mental and Lifestyle Coaching
- Tactical development
- Video Analysis (beginning and end) – introducing video analysis to your development
Level 3 – Performance Programme
Ages 13-18 (up to four sessions per week)
The Performance Programme is a bespoke programme suitable for ambitious county cricketers striving to progress on the representative ladder. In addition to the five key development areas players will consider:
- Assessing risk
- Decision making under pressure
- Recognition of key match moments
- Building mental resilience
The programme will be detailed and analytical and require independence, self-reflection and responsibility.
About Andrew Northcote
Andy Northcote became Culford’s Director of Cricket in September 2015. South African born, he played club cricket in England and Ireland before being selected to play for the Italian National Team in 2007. Gaining a reputation as an excellent right-handed batsman and wicket-keeper he made first-class appearances in South Africa. Andy was the Overseas Professional for Woolpit Cricket Club, Suffolk while gaining his ECB Level Three coaching qualification in 2011. Andy is still an active playing member of the Italian team, where he is currently the vice-captain, while his coaching roles outside of school include Head Coach for the Suffolk Men’s First XI, Suffolk Youth Cricket Batting Consultant for all age groups and SYC U15 Lead Coach.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call 01284 385308.