For 13+ and 16+ years
Sports Scholarships may be awarded to the value of up to 25% of tuition fees. Exhibitions are worth up to 10% of tuition fees.
These awards are available to current or new pupils to Culford who show outstanding sporting ability, talent and potential in two selected sports. Candidates should already be achieving at county standard in two sports. Applicants may highlight at least two of the following school games at Culford as their sport:
For players of exceptional talent, sports outside the major games of the school may be considered. Please contact the Assistant Head for an informal discussion in the first instance by emailing email@example.com.
Candidates are required to:
- Achieve satisfactory performance in the School’s entrance examinations
- Complete the General Sports Scholarship application form detailing: honours, awards and achievements; current county, regional or National teams, targets and intended goals plus any other supporting information
This information must be endorsed by the Head and the Head of Sport at the applicant’s current school; and by the coach of any county, regional or national squad. Sports Scholars are expected to play these two sports as required by the school throughout their education at Culford. If a Sports scholar chooses to withdraw from participation in school teams they will be required to resign the scholarship.
Candidates will be invited for an Assessment Day which will involve:
- Testing in: agility, coordination and stamina; core skills; team play their chosen sports
- An interview with the Assistant Head and senior colleagues
- A skills and basic fitness test
New pupils entering Culford Senior School may be assessed for this award throughout the academic year, subject to funding and availability.
Culford Admissions Office would be delighted to offer candidates pre-scholarship advice or answer any queries you may have about Scholarships at Culford School. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or call 01284 385308.
For details of examination dates, please click here to view the key dates for entry.