Culford provides the opportunity to combine an excellent education up to A Level with a tailored, high performance hockey programme. The programme is open to all Culford Senior School pupils at ages 13+ and 16+. Hockey Scholarships are available and may be awarded to the value of up to 25% of tuition fees for suitably qualifed candidates.
About Specialist Hockey at Culford
Successful hockey candidates will receive a year round training programme, which will include:
- Competitive indoor and outdoor fixtures throughout the autumn and spring terms
- Specific skills and team training at least three times a week
- Video and Match Analysis sessions.
- A hockey specific fitness development program to be used throughout the school year which includes strength, conditioning and SAQ training
Application for Hockey Scholarships
Candidates are required to:
- Achieve a satisfactory performance in the School entrance examinations
- Complete the relevant application form detailing: honours, awards and achievements; current school, club, county, regional, national and development teams; targets and intended goals; plus any other supporting information.
This information must be endorsed by the applicant’s current school Head and the Head of Sport; and by the coach of a regional squad.
Selection for Hockey Scholarships
Candidates will be invited for an Assessment Day which will involve:
- Testing in: agility, coordination and stamina; core skills; team play in one sport
- An interview with the Assistant Head and senior colleagues
- A skills and basic fitness test
Scholarship applicants should be of Regional/County level and above.
Culford Admissions Office would be delighted to offer candidates pre-scholarship advice or answer any queries you may have about Scholarships at Culford School. Please email email@example.com for more information or call Bury St Edmunds 01284 385308.
For details of examination dates, please click here to view the key dates for entry.