Culford provides the opportunity to combine an excellent education up to A Level with a tailored, high performance rugby programme. Rugby Scholarships are available to Culford Senior School pupils at ages 13+ and 16+ and may be awarded to the value of up to 25% of tuition fees for suitably qualified candidates.
About Specialist Rugby at Culford
Successful candidates will receive a year round rugby programme including:
- Specific skills sessions and team training three times a week
- Coaching linked to county and regional rugby structures
- Additional strength and conditioning training
- Competitive fixtures throughout autumn and spring terms
- Goal setting and performance profiling
Application for Rugby Scholarships
Candidates are required to:
- Achieve a satisfactory performance in the School entrance examinations
- Complete the relevant application form detailing: honours, awards and achievements; current school, club, county, regional, national and development teams; targets and intended goals; plus any other supporting information.
This information must be endorsed by the applicant’s current school Head and the Head of Sport; and by the coach of a regional squad.
Selection for Rugby Scholarships
Candidates will be invited for an Assessment Day which may involve:
- Testing in: agility, coordination and stamina; core skills; team play in one sport
- An interview with the Assistant Head and senior colleagues
- A skills and basic fitness test
Scholarship applicants should be of Regional/County level and above.
Culford Admissions Office would be delighted to offer candidates pre-scholarship advice or answer any queries you may have about Scholarships at Culford School. Please email email@example.com for more information or call Bury St Edmunds 01284 385308.
For details of examination dates, please click here to view the key dates for entry.