An outstanding British education with a passion for football.
For Ambitious Footballers Aged 11-18
At Culford’s Football Programme, pupils combine academic aspiration with their footballing ambitions through our holistic approach to the academic, athletic, and personal development of each individual.
Pupils receive annual individual development plans designed specifically by the Head of Football. This tailored approach opens opportunities into the professional/semi-professional game and scholarships to universities in the United States.
Culford’s Football Programme is overseen by former Republic of Ireland international Alan Lee who has 20 years of experience as a professional player. He is a UEFA ‘A’ and FA Advanced Youth Licensed coach who is committed to supporting aspiring footballers within education.
The Football Academy is led by Paul Land, who joined us from the Swansea Football Academy where he specialised in the development of players from the Foundation to Youth Development phase. Paul graduated from the University of South Wales with a First-Class BSc (Hons) in Football Coaching and Performance in 2019, Outstanding Student of the Year Award 2019, PGCE PcET 2020 and currently a UEFA A & Elite Youth A Licence Candidate.
Football players will develop their skills through:
- Group coaching and matches
- Individual performance coaching
- Strength and conditioning
- Individual mentoring with the Head of Football
- Annual personal development plans
- Coaching sessions at Culford and in partnership with Bury St Edmunds Football Club and West Suffolk College
- Competitive matches
Outstanding facilities include:
- Floodlit junior and full size grass pitches
- Floodlit all weather pitch
- Indoor 25-metre swimming pool
- Indoor sports hall
- Strength and conditioning suite and fitness studio
- Physiotherapy and medical facilities
The Culford - Bury Town Football Club Partnership allows girls to experience English club football alongside an outstanding British education and superb pastoral care.
Bury Town Football Club Elite and Development squads provide 4G training facilities, competitive English league football, and a pathway to academy football. Annual individual development plans are designed by the Head of Football, an approach that opens opportunities into the professional/ semi-professional game.