Culford School has received the highest grading possible in all areas of a recent educational quality inspection by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) for both Senior and Lower Schools, with a grading of excellent across the board.
Culford School has received the highest grading possible in all areas of a recent educational quality inspection by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) for both Senior and Lower Schools, with a grading of excellent across the board. We also met all criteria to pass all areas of the Compliance Inspection.
Thank you to all the parents who took part in the online survey, which forms a very important part of the ISI inspection process, and to all who work and learn at Culford, who enjoyed showing the inspectors their school over the three days they were with us.
The school was judged as excellent in both categories - pupil achievement and pupil awareness, with the key findings below:
The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent.
• Pupils demonstrate excellent communication skills. They speak articulately and discuss confidently with assurance, applying these skills across the curriculum.
• Pupils’ achievements in a wide range of curricular and co-curricular are excellent with notable success at individual and team levels.
• Pupils demonstrate excellent attitudes to learning as a result of a supportive and caring environment.
• Pupils’ ability to research is excellent, but higher order thinking skills, such as the ability to analyse, synthesise and hypothesise, are less well developed within some subject areas.
The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent.
• Pupils display an excellent level of behaviour through the whole school, underpinned by a strong sense of moral understanding.
• Pupils show excellent social awareness. They develop very productive working relationships with staff and particularly their peers.
• Pupils are very self-aware and self-confident and appreciate the decisions they make can affect their future successes and that of others.
• Pupils demonstrate high levels of respect and tolerance for everyone. Boarders embrace fully opportunities to widen their horizons through a multi-cultural and nurturing environment in boarding.
Click below to read the full report.
- Prep News
- Pre Prep News
- Senior News