SOCS Co-curricular: Information for Parents
The following information explains how to sign up for clubs/activities.
How to sign up for activities
Once you have activated your account and logged in, you can view a list of clubs available for your child and sign up to them.
If you have more than one child at the school, you will have the option to filter between them when you first login (see example in the screenshot below).
Click the ‘Calendar’ tab to view their SOCS timetable which will include co-curricular clubs that they have been added to/signed up for. You will also be able to view their sports fixtures and academic timetable.
Click the ‘Activities’ tab to see a list of clubs available to sign up to. If the sign-up window is switched on, you will also be able to click ‘Add’ next to the clubs and sign your child up to them. Once you have successfully added the club, there will be a notice next to the club that says ‘added’. The club will also appear in your child’s calendar.
- Invite Only - some clubs may not allow pupils/parents to sign up – only staff are able to add pupils to these activities.
- Parental Authorisation – only parents using parent login can sign up to these clubs during a sign-up window. Pupils are unable to add themselves to these clubs.
- Full - if a club has 'Full' next to it, this club is no longer available to sign up to as it has reached the maximum pupil capacity.
Syncing the calendar
You can iCal sync to your child's clubs and fixtures. You can sync your SOCS calendar to your personal calendar (e.g. Google or Outlook) and provide you with a live feed of clubs and fixtures. Any changes made to a club or fixture will then update your personal calendar.
To do this you need to:
- Log Into SOCS
- Click on the "Calendar Sync" button
- Click on the WebCal link that is automatically created by SOCS
- Follow the on screen instructions
This will create a live feed of clubs and fixtures in your personal calendar.
SOCS Web App
If you are viewing the system on a mobile device you can save it to your phone home screen as a Web App.
Adding the Web App will vary depending on what device and browser you are using. Here are links to the instructions for Android and Apple iOS: