Beyond the Classroom
The wide range of activities form an integral part of School life. Our activities programme encompasses challenges for the body, mind or a combination of the two.
- Creative and Performing Arts - such as art, drama and dance
- Competitive Sports – including rugby, cricket, hockey, tennis and swimming
- Music – from learning to play an instrument to performing in an ensemble or band and singing
- Academic Societies
- Recreational Sports and Hobbies
- Outdoor and Adventurous Activity - including our 6th Form Freshers’ Week and scuba diving in Tenerife
- Service – we have a vibrant Combined Cadet Force
Because the activities are so popular, each one has a designated day in the week. In the Fourth Form (Y9) and Lower Fifth (Y10) pupils can attend an activity each evening from Monday –Thursday, Fridays being reserved for their Tutorial. In Upper Fifth (Y11) there are three activity nights and Sixth Formers can choose two evening activities a week.