Mental wellbeing is dynamic and it can change quickly, pupils need to recognise this and feel empowered to respond with to the ups and downs of daily life by recognising what works for them. With over half of our academic staff trained in Youth Mental First Aid training, we are skilled in recognising the needs of pupils and supporting them through difficult times, often with the support of the Medical centre team and other trained professionals.
We believe in delivering a holistic education that enables pupils to feel confident and have positive self-esteem, while recognising what to do when challenges arise that allow individuals to build resilience and developing coping strategies.
At Culford your child will benefit from:
- Over half of the teaching staff trained in Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Pupils have access to see counsellors and if a Clinical Psychologist
- The Pupil Safeguarding Committee
- Pupil Peer Counsellors
- Sixth Form Wellbeing Conference
- Staff trained in Growth Mindset, which is built into the curriculum
- Dedicated individual tutorials
- Specific dietary advice
- Balance built into the curriculum (e.g. time to work rest and play)
- Healthy lifestyle programme
- On-site medical centre with access to GP